Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall/Winter 2011 Headgear

FASHION
While, scarves dominated 2011 summer's head wear - as seen in Headgear - this fall the hottest head wear consists of: wide brim hats, fedora's, and vintage styled hats. Rightfully so, these fabulous hats give a little warmth and a whole lot of style to any fall/winter look. Below are a few fashion designers take on this seasons hottest headgear.

Gucci 



Dior

Lanvin

Dior

Gucci

Holly Fulton

Holly Fulton

Marc Jacobs

Marc Jacobs


My Take On The Vintage Styled Hat  
Personally, I do not like to wear hats; normally, I wear a hat whenever I am having a bad hair day. However, last year I became inspired by the fashion of the 1920's - the flapper era.
In response to the typical flapper dress, which was often straight, knee-length or calf-length, loose, and sleeveless, I dressed up a sleeveless knee-lengthened dress with a vintage styled hat (seen below). For those who may not typically wear a hat you may feel a little threatened by the idea of incorporating a hat, especially a vintage styled hat into your fall wardrobe; however it definitely would be worth your wild to take a chance and just do it. I know I will be taking chances this season; I plan to get out of my comfort zone and wear a wide brim hat. After all true style comes from taking risks - right?   



2 comments:

  1. oh my.. you look like broad way gal! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So 50's.. Loving the look and that hat and necklace are stunning!! LOVE.
    Would be great if you could follow me and I shall follow you too.. Our journey begins...
    www.stylishlymebytaryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...