Thursday, October 20, 2011

Impatiently Waiting

MUSIC & POP CULTURE 
While, I am trying my hardest to wait patiently, it just isn't working. It seems as if I can't get out of college fast enough - come January 14, 2012 I will be receiving my Bachelors in Psychology from George Mason University.

In addition to graduation, I feel like a 8 year old excited for the month of November. I really do get full of joy in November; I think it's because I love the christmas decorations, being with family, as well as the merrily and giving spirit of people - corny, I know.

Moreover, I can't wait to buy a few cd's, watch some brand new shows, and go to the movies. It appears that the end of year is "prime time" for producers, and I have to find the time for all  their creations in conjunction with studying for exams. Below are a few expected releases I am waiting for. 
The Rundown
1. October 24, 2011, Coldplay, is the expected release their sixth album, "Mylo Xyloto." The bold new album was produced by Markus Dravs, Daniel Green, and Rik Simpson; it features additional creative input by Brian Eno and even Rihanna, contributing vocals to “Princess Of China.” Moreover, the "awe-inspiring" album includes tracks like: "'Charlie Brown', an upbeat hook-laden Coldplay classic in the making, the high flying 'Hurts Like Heaven'"(itunes) and their hit single "Paradise." 

2. "Remember when Boys II Men came out with their "Legacy" compilation?" (itunes) That was about ten years ago, and I've been waiting for their return of classic soul ever since. I truly loved every track they released on "Legacy," but I think my favorite song they harmonized on was "If I Ever Fall In Love Again." With great vocals and songs, their expected release of  "Twenty" on October 25, 2011 is a must buy. Although, there has not been any singles released nor much publicity, I know the album will be superb - at least I'm hoping.  


3. "With his wit and old school rhyme influences," (itunes) Wale is a relatively new rapper from the DMV (Washington D.C., Maryland, Virginia) area and he is making strides toward taking the hip hop throne. Similar to Kid Cudi and Lupe Fiasco, Wale "embraces innovation and tradition with equal regard" (itunes) and his album "Ambition" is expected to be just as- if not more - creative than previous albums. "Ambition" is expected to be released November 1, 2011. To sample a few tracks from the album, you can listen to his smooth sounding "Lotus Flower Bomb" single and/or his more upbeat single "Bait" on Itunes, now.  

4.As an aspiring jewelry designer, I am super excited for Lifetime's latest competition series, Project Accessory. It will be hosted by actress and model Molly Sims and it will feature 12 designers, who will compete and "showcase their unique vision for accessories." (Lifetime) The new show will premiere October 27, 2001 at 10:30/ 9:30 c.
Click here to view my jewelry.

5. Expected to be in movie theaters October, 28, 2011, Anonymous, highlights "the debate over whether William Shakespeare could have written the body of work considered the greatest in English literature;" (telepgraph.com) although, some may speculate, the idea is "a wild fringe fantasy unsupported by any evidence." Nonetheless, this film - directed by Roland Emmerich - is highly anticipated.
Click here to watch the trailer.  


6. "Immortals follows the story of Theseus as he battles against the titans in order to save ancient Olympus. Theseus is the bastard son of the king, and his quest will have him become the country’s greatest hero." (starseeker.com) Directed by Tarsem Singh, this movie is expected to be released - potentially in 3-D - on November 11, 2011.
Click here to watch the trailer.


7. "The chemistry with producer Howard Benson enters it's third phase - [with the album 'Break the Spell'] -  securing Daughtry's place as one hard rock's compelling bands." (itunes) Daughtry is expected to release it's third album on November 21, 2011. For those - like me - waiting for their album to hit the stores, you can satisfy your thirst for more Daughtry by listening/purchasing their latest single, "Renegade" from Itunes.   


8. While, Red Tails, will not be released this year, it is still a must see movie that I had to incorporate into my list; this movie is suppose to be released next year - January 20, 2012. I can't wait to see it! Directed by Anthony Hemingway, this action packed movie tells "the story of the Tuskegee Airmen, the first African-American pilots to fly in a combat squadron during World War II." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...