1. Almonds & Other Nuts (with skins intact)Superpowers Builds muscle, reduces cravings
Fights Obesity, heart disease, muscle loss, wrinkles, cancer, high blood pressure
2. Beans & LegumesSuperpowers Builds muscle, helps burn fat, regulates digestion
Fights Obesity, colon cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure
3. Spinach & Other Green VegetablesSuperpowers Neutralizes free radicals, molecules that accelerate the aging process
Fights Cancer, heart disease, stroke, obesity, osteoporosis
4. Dairy Products (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese)Superpowers Builds strong bones, fires up weight loss
Fights Osteoporosis, obesity, high blood pressure, cancer
5. Instant Oatmeal (unsweetened, unflavored)Superpowers Boosts energy, reduces cholesterol, maintains blood sugar levels
Fights Heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer, obesity
6. EggsSuperpowers Builds muscle, burns fat
7. Turkey & Other Lean MeatsSuperpowers Builds muscle, strengthens immune system
Fights Obesity, various diseases
8. Peanut ButterSuperpowers Boosts testosterone, builds muscle, burns fat
Fights Obesity, muscle loss, wrinkles, cardiovascular disease
9. Olive OilSuperpowers Lowers cholesterol, boosts immune system
Fights Obesity, cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure
10. Whole-Grain Breads & CerealsSuperpowers Prevents body from storing fat
Fights Obesity, cancer, high blood pressure, heart disease
11. Extra-Protein (whey) PowderSuperpowers Builds muscle, burns fat
12. Raspberries & Other BerriesSuperpowers Protects heart; enhances eyesight; improves balance, coordination, and short-term memory; prevents cravings
Fights Heart disease, cancer, obesity
FASHIONIf ever there was a time to get fit with regular exercise and healthy eating habits, its now.Maintaining your health this winter is essential to your look this Spring. One of Spring 2011 hottest trends are
Maintaining your weight can be difficult, but it's a must - especially if you plan on wearing this trend. Whats your thoughts on this open midriff trend? Furthermore, is this trend meant for men to wear?
Here's a recipe worth trying and it has two of the Ab Powerfood's in it.
Raspberry- Chocolate Chip Frozen YogurtIngredients: 3 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries, 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, preferably mini
Preparation: Place raspberries, yogurt, sugar and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth.Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker (or see “No Ice Cream Maker?” below). Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions, or until desired consistency. Add chocolate chips during the last 5 minutes of freezing. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
No Ice Cream Maker? Pour the mixture into a 9-by-13-inch pan and place in the freezer. Stir every few hours, until the mixture is firm along the edges and semi-firm in the center, 2 to 6 hours (using frozen berries will shorten the freezing time). Transfer to a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container, stir in chocolate chips, cover and freeze until ready to serve.Serves 8.Tip: Make Ahead. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition: per serving: 147 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 45 mg sodium; 253 mg potassium.Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Calcium (15% dv), 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving