Getting healthy can be hard; staying healthy is just as hard, especially if you have a sweet tooth. Below is a recipe for HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE. The recipe is made for 2 servings, and the active time in making this cake is 20 minutes, while the total time is 1 hour.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted (see Tip)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups hot strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Combine milk, egg, oil and vanilla in a glass measuring cup. Make a well in center of the dry ingredients and gradually pour in the milk mixture, stirring until combined. Stir in pecans. Spoon into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Dissolve brown sugar in coffee; spoon over batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes; serve hot or warm.
Tips & Notes:
- Tip: To toast pecan halves: Spread nuts on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes.
Per Serving: 142 calories (YAY!!!); 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 18 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 204 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.1 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More Healthy Foods:
Product ReviewIn my efforts to get fit, I have tried a lot of protein bars - most are pretty disgusting. Through my journey I have fallen in love with two different bars. The first bar is the Pure Protein Bar (The Chocolate Peanut Butter Flavor). It really satisfies my craving for sweets, it almost tastes like a sneakers bar - keyword is almost. The bar still tastes of protein, but the overall flavor is great and easy to digest, unlike some other protein bars I've come across. I would recommend eating the bar with a cup of skim milk (its my way of having a little heaven)
Another great protein bar is the Clif (Chocolate Flavor) Protein Bar. It has more calories than the previous, (70 more to be exact) but it is more substantial; this bar could stand alone as a meal. Additionally, it seems to have more dimensions than the other bar mentioned above - it's crunchy. The bar is not as sweet tasting, but it still satisfies.
Below are Clif's nutrition facts for the chocolate flavored bar.
FASHION & FOOD
When throwing parties - whether its for a birthday, baby shower, etc. - it can be difficult to come up with a menu plan. Below are images of fashionable yet creative cakes/ cupcakes. Just remember, when planning a menu for such an event, healthy items can still be incorporated. Try to use low fat and low calorie products.