We had a great year here on Belladonna. As a collective group we empowered and inspired one another, while keeping each other informed of trending issues; we fulfilled our mission. As the New Year begins I am confident that we will have another great year. I look forward to discussing the latest fashion trends, health issues, nutrition, lifestyle, beauty tips, and other topics of 2013. Yet, I would like to take a moment to recap 2012. Afterall, in order to move forward you must look back.
Here are some of
Belladonna's most memorable posts
- in no particular order - of 2012.
1. Roses - This beautiful poem accompanied by some lovely artwork truly highlights what women are not. Every woman who read and commented on this post loved it - one particular individual wrote, "BEAUTIFUL paintings! The poem is nice, I really like the message."
2. Little Girl - This transcribed spoken word piece is very graphic. Yet, it's powerful description of a "little girl" in need of guidance makes it worth the read.
3. Robed & Caped - Here I share a snippet of my day on May 18, 2012 where I received my Bachelors degree in Psychology from George Mason University.
4. Saving Super Women - This extensive post highlighted political issues concerning women, while examining pertinent research that suggests that men face fewer challenges than women in balancing work and family due to society’s ideas of gender/ gender role values.
5. Get The Picture - Since, "the first cases of ...AIDS were reported in the United States in June of 1981," one would think that by now - decades later - more people would be aware of the disease and would take preventative actions; yet, this is not the case. Surprisingly, one in five living with HIV is unaware of their infection. This post brings awareness to AIDS through controversial AID campaigns from around the world.
6. Virginia Beach - Here I share with you a few pictures from my family vacation to Virginia Beach.
7. Beauty Redefined - This beauty post went international with numerous responses from around the world. Side Note: This is one of my favorite posts.
8. Stars & Stripes - Trend Alert! The American flag has been seen printed in various forms from Jeffrey Campbell's popular Stars & Stripes Lita platforms to Balmain's controversial American flag tank. However, the most catching form is the shorts form. The American flag shorts have been spotted on some of the most stylish celebrities and some of the most influential fashion bloggers. Check it out!
9. Breakfast Worldwide - This popular post highlighted 15 breakfast dishes from around the world.
10. Own It - Karl Lagerfeld once said, “There is no beauty without strangeness;” this post emphasizes just that – the beauty in defying mainstream beauty. Also, I share with you one of my “best” features.
11. The Fishtail Braid - This is one of Belladonna's most popular posts of all time with over 4, 000 pageviews. It demonstrates how easy it can be to do a fishtail braid in your hair.
12. Trayvon Martin - This popular post - receiving almost 10,000 pageviews - discusses the popular case of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old Florida high school student, who is found shot and killed.