Friday, April 13, 2012

Not For Your Entertainment

WORLD NEWS
"Amsterdam is famous for it’s red light district. A lot of tourists walk around and have a look at this curious neighborhood. They often see the prostitutes as a kind of entertainment, every day hundreds of ‘windowshoppers’ from all over the world take a stroll on the Amsterdam canals. Not that long ago they got to see this:


With this campaign Stop The Traffik wants to make people aware that a lot of these girls are victims of human trafficking and end up in prostitution against their will." (Guillaume, April 4, 2012)
_____________________________

My Thoughts

It has been months, since I first learned about human trafficking; I was shocked to learn that it was something that not only happens in poor countries, but also happens in the United States. Ever since I became aware of this grave issue I have been trying to find a way to present it to my readers. Once I came across this video - created by Duval Guillaume Modem - I knew I could finally introduce this topic to you all.

It should be noted that this is merely an introduction; I am still working on a more in depth post on human trafficking. Until then, 

What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know what human trafficking was. That's sad that people would abuse woman like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is heavy!
    I live in Amsterdam and I've never had a problem with the Red Light District. The girls who don't wanna be there definitely must be helped..
    Great post!
    www.Jazzybelleslife.com
    xx

    Thanks for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...